DR. KULMEET KUNDLAS
MD (Internal Medicine)
On behalf of our staff and Providers, we welcome you to our office and thank you for selecting us as your primary health care provider. Our mission is to become our patients’ medical home for primary care services. We believe in providing Prompt, Comprehensive, Cost Effective and Personal Care. We treat everyone with dignity and respect in a warm friendly manner. We focus on adult medicine and emphasize prevention and the treatment of adult diseases. We deal with whatever medical problem a patient brings - no matter how common or rare, or how simple or complex.
Dr. Kundlas is a Board Certified Internist practicing in Sebring, Florida and has been practicing medicine for more than 25 years.
- Medical school: Medical College Amritsar [1983-1987]
- Internship: Compulsory Rotating Internship [1987-1988]
- House physician: SBLS Civil Hospital Department of Surgery (January 1989-June 1989), Medicine [July 1989-December 1989] and orthopedics July 1989-December 1989.
- Residency: New York Methodist Hospital Department of Surgery House Physician (June 1993-June 1994
- Hospital affiliations: Lake Wales Medical Center, Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center and Winter Haven Hospital.
- Nursing Home affiliations:Grove Nursing Home - Lake Wales, Grace Nursing Home-Lake Wales, Royal Care Nursing Home, Sebring.
- Chief of Medical Staff of Lake Wales Medical Center (2005-2006, 2013-2014, 2017-2018, 2019-present).
- Chief of Staff, Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center-(2009-2011)
- Vice Chief Of Staff of Lake Wales Medical Center-(2003/2004)
- Vice Chief of Staff, Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center-(2007-2009)
- Member,Medical Executive Committee-Lake Wales Medical Center. [2001-present]
- Chairman, Peer Review Committee-Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center.
- Chairman, Credentialing Committee - Lake Wales Medical Center and Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center
- Board Member, Lake Wales Medical Center.
- Board Member, Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center.
- Board Member, Central Florida Healthcare Alliance [2008-2012]
- CEO, Precision Healthcare Systems [2009-2014]
- CEO, Physician Services LLC. [1997-2014]
- Medical Director, Grove nursing home [2001-present].
- Medical Director, Grace Nursing Home [2001-2008]
- Lead physician - DaVita Medical Group-Polk County [2014-2019]
- Physician Services LLC [1997-2014]. - Self-employed
- DaVita Medical Group [2014-2019]. - Lead physician.
- Shield Medical Group [2019-present]. - Self-employed
Awards and Honors
- National Scholarship in Matriculation
- MBBS Dean’s List during First and Second Years
- DAV College Cricket Sports Scholarship
- Lake Wales Medical Center Best Physician of the Year Award (Multiple years).
- Patient satisfaction award, WellCare.
- Maximum patient retention and acquisition, DaVita Medical Group.
- Highest quality scores, Humana Healthcare
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- Polk County Medical Association
Additional Professional Skills and Expertise
- Holds Public Health classes for preventive care and disease management.
- Frequently writes regular newsletters for Lake Wales Medical Center.
- Helped develop the Rules and Regulations for Lake Wales Medical Center.
- Helped develop Quality Manual for Physician Services, LLC.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Power point, and Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of Macintosh OS-X and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Intermediate knowledge of WordPress, GoDaddy, Mail Chimp
- Proficiency in English, Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu